Disney Flowers & Gardens - Music Playlist
Cassette tape design from Positive Spin 3x4 Journal Cards by
One Little Bird Designs.
Grid graphic from the 2010 Epcot International Flower & Garden
There is no official music or soundtrack associated with Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival (at least that I could find) - so I created one instead! It should come as no surprise that the 1960s produced some memorable songs and the catchphrase "flower power," which has been translated into the theme of Epcot's festival concert line-up. From wearing flowers in your hair (Scott McKenzie) to "Grazing in the Grass" (The Friends of Distinction), there are some great songs that remind me of listening to the oldies radio station in the car as a kid. I discovered an excellent cover of "Kiss from a Rose" acapella-style (Seal and Straight No Chaser), and a fun song from the movie Juno titled "Tree Hugger." Bambi and Alice in Wonderland movie soundtracks are represented, and give the playlist a dose of Disney whimsy and magic.
Listen to the Playlist
Click directly on the playlist below to begin listening (it will play from this post if you have Spotify Desktop Player or Web Player on your computer), or click on this link to take you to Spotify's site: Disney Flowers & Gardens - The Mixtape Edition.
disney flowers & gardens - music playlist
- "The Garden / All in the Golden Afternoon" - Chorus, Kathryn Beaumont, Alice in Wonderland
- "Build Me Up Buttercup" - The Foundations
- "Steal My Sunshine" - Len
- "San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair)" - Scott McKenzie
- "Dead Flowers" - The Rolling Stones
- "Where the Green Grass Grows" - Tim McGraw
- "Bed of Roses" - Bon Jovi
- "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" - Pete Seeger
- "Secret Garden" - Bruce Springsteen
- "Kiss from a Rose" - Straight No Chaser (featuring Seal)
- "Little April Shower" - Chorus, Mary Moder, et al, Bambi
- "The Rose" - Bette Midler
- "Edelweiss (Reprise)" - Julie Andrews, Bill Lee, Chorus, et al, The Sound of Music
- "Ramblin' Rose" - Nat King Cole
- "Crimson and Clover" - Tommy James and the Shondells
- "Poison Ivy" - The Coasters
- "Let's Sing a Gay Little Spring Song" - Chorus, Bambi
- "Grazing in the Grass" - The Friends of Distinction
- "The Rain, the Park & Other Things" - The Cowsills
- "Tree Hugger" - Kimya Dawson and Antsy Pants, Juno
- "Green Onions (45 version)" - Booker T. & The MG's
- "Painting the Roses Red / March of the Cards" - The Mellomen, Kathryn Beaumont, Alice in Wonderland
Know of a great springtime song not listed? Is there a Disney movie that makes you think of flowers and gardens? Who is your favorite band from the 1960s?